Here are some tips to consider when thinking about hiring a wedding videographer:
Remember, wedding videography coverage varies dramatically depending on who you hire. The package that you choose can include the wedding party getting ready, the ceremony, a shoot with just the couple, or the reception.
You will need to clarify how soon you will get the video after your wedding. For some companies, it often takes six to eight weeks to get your wedding video after your wedding. By having a clear expectation of how soon you will be receiving your wedding video you avoid unnecessary frustration. We try to have your video from anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks after your wedding.
Here are some top tips to consider:
- Meet with the wedding videographer in person before hiring them. You need to feel comfortable with them, and it will make your shoot a lot easier if you’ve met the wedding videographer before.
- Clarify if you want your wedding video to be more “romantic” or “fun”. Wedding videos vary dramatically in tone so make sure that you’re on the same page as your cheap wedding videographer by clearly verbalizing your preferences to them early in the process.
- Provide your wedding videographer with examples of the kind of video you want. Select wedding videos you like from other people’s weddings to show to them. The more clearly you can verbalize what you like about these videos the greater the chances of your wedding videographer being able to capture the exact style and mood you want.
- Provide an outline of the ceremony to the wedding videographer so that they know what order the proceedings are happening in. Highlight the moments that you absolutely want to have covered so that the wedding videographer knows exactly what your expectations are.
- Provide a timeline for the reception (the cutting of the cake, speeches etc.) If your videography coverage is spanning several hours your wedding videographer will need to take breaks to go to the bathroom and eat. If you provide a clear timeline they will know when the best times are to do so. By providing a timeline you increase your chances of getting good coverage of all the most important moments of your ceremony.
- Find out if the videographers have filmed a wedding at the location you have picked out. Most videographers have either filmed at your location or have filmed at a location very similar. We have filmed at a variety of location in Nashville. Below are a list of the locations we have filmed at:
Schermerhorn Symphony Center (Nashville)
Cannery Ballroom (Nashville)
Union Station (Downtown Nashville)
East Ivy Mansion (Nashville)
Scarritt-Bennett (Wightman Chapel-Nashville)
The Inn at Harvest Farms Lake (Morrison, TN)
Cheekwood Botanical Gardens (Nashville, TN)
Various Churches (Nashville, Cross Plains, Bellevue, & Glasgow, KY)
Historic Rock Castle (Hendersonville, TN)
W. O. Smith Music School (Nashville)
Front Porch Farms (Ashland City/Charlotte, TN)
Mint Springs Farm (Nolensville, TN)